There is an online artist community that is in need of a huge update. Likely it is easier to start from scratch then build on top of what we have. This place is called [url removed, login to view] (have a look)
The website is some kind of online community where pixel artists can share their work.
- preview image
- images should never be resized, on the artwork page you need to be able to zoom in to the picture with increments of 100% (100 > 200 > 300> etc)
- Possibly image information such as amount of colors used (99% of images have indexed palettes) or amount of frames in an animation
- add to favorites
- use as avatar (the preview image)
- rate artwork
There will be a front page with
- news items
- newest accepted submissions
- best artwork of the week
- chatbox / shoutbox
There will be a discussion forum
Users should be able to
- message each other
- submit news items
- collect points from certain actions such as commenting or posting in the forums
- collect awards handed out by moderators
- have their personal page featuring their uploaded works
- search artworks trough our search engine by specifying size, animation yes/no, keywords
Moderators should be able to
- approve artwork
- approve news items
On top of this there should be a weekly challenge system
- artwork can be submitted to the weekly challenge (appears in the normal gallery)
- at the end of the week users can vote on the works of the previous week
- another week later the winners are anounced.
- awards, polls and news posts are all automatically generated, moderators prepare a challenge theme each week
- archived articles, news features with more value than others will be stored seperately (such as tutorials, interviews etc)
- user templates, you can switch between different css files
- paid user feature: No advertisements
basic and simple, should focus on content placement. Later on we could specify our own colors and create/ edit css files. Check out the current frontpage at [url removed, login to view] . Right now the forum is disconnected from the main site, we would rather have this intergrated. Old example: [url removed, login to view]
We want to avoid the problem that the system gets outdated again. It should be possible for amateur / semi professionals to edit and expand the website and its features. Possibly the whole thing should run on a platform that gets regularily updated such as Wordpress or Joomla.
Problems we have right now: No mobile support, unfair rating system, forum not integrated with the rest of the site, many old features that need to be removed (administrators should be able to modify the website, the person who originally build the site does not have time to update it), current site cant show large artwork correctly (over 600 px width),
What does it cost to build such a site? As soon as there is a plan money will have to be raised from donations. The community is large with over 48000 artworks manually accepted and many long time members (site started in 2004).
Basically all the visitors have artistic an graphical knowledge and can help with the web design, all the functionality will be discussed with the core of the community but there are no programmers among us to take on the whole thing.
25 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 2680$ teklif veriyor
Your Pixeljoint website can be easily developed by our very experienced dedicated programmers. Kindly open PMB to discuss your project further and move ahead. Thanks, Sushil
Hi We have read your requirements.We have completed 80+ big PHP & various PHP CMS like Wordpress, Drupal, Magento, Joomla, Prestashop projects in last 5 years. Please check private message board for details.
We can do this project ........................Our bid is tentative, we will finalise price after a small discussion about specs with you............................
Hello, we offer an iterative approach to protect the investments and guarantee our results. Please find the details in PMB. Sincerely, Pavel and my ExtPoint team.