I have developed for my client an OSCommerce store of about 200 to 300 items. She has given me all the pictures and an Excel spreadsheet with all the product information. Her intention was that I use that to upload into EasyPopulate.
*** IT'S IMPORTANT THAT I CLARIFY THIS AT THE OUTSET*** If you have never worked with OSC and/or EasyPopulate, this project IS NOT FOR YOU.
Anyway, the spreadsheet she gave me is just one she made up, and while the fields she created roughly correspond with those required by easypopulate's tab-delimited file, I have never worked with easypopulate and can't make heads or tails of this.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: take her spreadsheet, convert it into one that is compatible with easypopulate and successfully uploading it. This should be a matter of:
- merging the 9 pages of her spreadsheet into one big spreadsheet
- cutting and pasting the right product info into the right columns
- renaming any fields necessary to comply with
- filling in the Manufacturer fields (she organized the products by Manufacturer, so this should be a piece of cake)
- saving it correctly
- uploading it and making sure it works live on the catalogue.
You don't have to worry abou any graphics or anything like that. I can do that.
This shouldn't take more than 5 hours for an experienced OSCommerce user; I am willing to pay up to $200 for ten hours of work. I need this finished THIS WEEKEND. This means NO LATER THAN SUNDAY NIGHT, US EST TIME.
The ideal programmer:
- speaks fluent English
- can be reached on some kind of instant messenger program during US East Coast normal daytime hours
- has good feedback on GAFL (I will consider external portfolios instead)
- can show me in their bids and/or private messages that they know how to deal with this and can do the job.
I do not have a credit card or PayPal, so payment will be wired to you at my expense within 48 hours of project completion. I am more than happy to give you some personal references as well. Good luck and please feel free to ask any questions you may have on the project board before bidding. Thank you!