*Objective*: Develop a 3D visualization engine for a homeland and corporate security application. The 3D Viewer will visualize the interior and exterior of building structures. The user can place security sensors and security guards in various locations, define their fields of view, and their movement parameters. The 3D viewer will allow the user to first set up the scenario and then animate it.
The graphical user interface for this application will be developed by other developers and be supplied to you. You need only develop the 3D visualization engine.
The option of licensing a commercial 3D graphics/gaming engine to utilize will also be considered, based on your recommendations, to achieve a superior product in a timely manner.
**Build 1 Requirements**
1. 3D Viewer should be developed in Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition or Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005.
2. 3D Viewer will be a User Control that can be inserted into a Form and run in Windowed mode.
3. Many instances of 3D Viewer can be run at the same time, allowing multiple views into the same simulated world (for example, a top-down view, right-side view, etc.)
4. 3D Viewer will be developed in C# using the DirectX framework.
5. Quality of 3D Viewer should equal that of the latest gaming technologies, with a slick, polished, modern and professional look.
6. 3D Viewer shall support multiple render modes, such as wireframe, x-ray (translucent), solid, and solid/textured.
7. User should be able to rotate view, zoom in and out, and pan the view using the mouse.
8. User will be able to insert, position, and rotate objects in the 3D viewer.
9. User will be able to insert and position “sensor?? objects, such as video cameras, that have a field of view. The user should be able to turn on/off the viewing of a sensor’s field of view.
10. Some sensor objects, such as video cameras, rotate within user-defined bounds (rotate left and right). The user should be able to activate/deactivate this behavior.
11. Various model types should be supported, including .3DS and AutoCAD (either natively or through a converter.)
12. Models of security guards should support human-like animation (swinging arms, walking legs, etc.)
13. 3D Viewer will be capable of viewing the inside of buildings and structures, including lighting and shadows.
14. 3D Viewer will be capable of viewing the exterior of buildings and structures. Exterior view should support the loading of a terrain file, as well as sky/clouds, lighting and shadows.
15. User should have the option of turning on/off a 3D grid to help with the placement of objects.
16. 3D Viewer will have an easy to use API for use by the application’s graphical user interface. User should be able to switch 3D views through the GUI, jump to a different scene (indoor, outdoor, level 1, level 2, room 1, room 2, etc).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).