Main skills required: SaaS Development, Wordpress, PHP, Software Architecture (i.e. data back-up, data security), Ecommerce, Social Media API (Facebook), Adobe (InDesign and InCopy), Ipad App Design, Iphone App Design, Wordpress Template Design, SEO, Testing (inc. ongoing Bug-Fixing), Website Design (commercial). EXCELLENT INTUITIVE & LITERAL UNDERSTANDING OF (British) ENGLISH.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a SaaS from the ground-up, from detailed (non-technical) plans, briefs and a very close working relationship with the company CEO. Where necessary, the company (UK/US-based) will bring in 3rd party designers, developers and support staff to work with the winning bidder and employ them as part of the full-time company infrastructure.
The job includes the following commitments:
a. i) Agile Development of a Wordpress-based SaaS publishing CMS (from framework, to implementation, to UI design, to testing and sign-off)
a. ii) Corporate website (ecommerce) to sell product
b) Facebook Application development
c) Unique Wordpress plug-in development (and other modular builds that will not be released to the community)
d) Maintenance and technical support (ongoing) for the product (potentially indefinite contract)
e) Plug-in testing, fixing and integration (from 3rd party developers)
Commitment a) includes the following Wordpress customizations and additional development:
1. Bespoke work-flow modules, multiple-site administration, content sharing, social media integration (Facebook), widgets (including bespoke algorithms), WYSIWYG editor module
2. Paywall widget/plug-in
3. Multiple user dashboards
4. Conversion of XML to other delivery interfaces (e.g. Ipad/Iphone apps, mobile)
5. Integration of XML exporting with Adobe CS5
6. UI/UX design and implementation
7. Integration with 3rd party API (e.g. Zemanta, OpenX, Google, Facebook, etc.)
8. Framework which ensures further 3rd party and in-house additional modular evolution of the product
10. Security (recovery database/concurrent back-up database) and SPAM-defence (this MUST be an impenetrable piece of software to hackers!)
11. Scalability (up to millions of monthly page impressions and hundreds of thousands of users)
12. SaaS Administration (control over multiple clients)
13. Web, Ipad, Iphone templates (design - with guidance - and build)
14. Adapting existing HTML/CSS designs to a Wordpress template
15. There may also be the opportunity to develop an ecommerce exchange (a live brokerage site), which will plug-in to the CMS network.
This is a complex job with plenty of scope for a full team to work on full-time and the opportunity to earn prolonged contracts for maintenance and further development. We are looking for a long term software partner and have been evaluating pitches since June 2010, with a decision to be made by October 2010.