We are looking for someone who is experienced in Wordpress and Wordpress plugins. Our new wordpress website [url removed, login to view] is looking to build a page that includes a certain chat plugin [url removed, login to view] integrated. We currently having trouble integrating this plugin into our page.
The idea of the page:
This page will have a pdf online viewer where are students will be learning from. We want all of the students looking at that file (or video) to be able to chat to each other (and see who is online). The page will have a specific ID attached to it. We are looking for someone to integrate this plugin into our site.
Problems with the plugin currently:
When a shortcode was added into the page that we wanted to incorporate it into, the chat box, the emoticons, and everything appeared to show up, but it would not allow the user to send messages or click the emoticons
When text is written, and we press the enter button, it does not submit the message. It just moves to the next line
We are not sure if the jquery works. We have used many different versions of jquery on our server to test it, and the problem still persists. This may mean that the problem is that the jquery from the plugin does not work with our particular theme.
An example of a working demo is here [url removed, login to view]
Small modifications to the plugin required:
- We want this chat plugin to only be viewable for users viewing this specific file/ video ID.
- We need a “report” function that will send an email to an administrator email if someone reports another user for misusing the chat feature (swearing, bullying etc). The admin who recieves that report must be able to ban the reported user from the chat for a certain amount of time.
-For the report function, the text we want to be beside each users name in the list of online users.
- We want the emoticons feature removed.
- We want the user avatars removed.
- We would like the messages to be similar to this format, all on 1 line:
Firstname Lastname (hour:minute am/pm): message
ex: Joe Doe(1:40pm): hello there.
- We would like there to be the list of online users that the demo presented, but without the country flags, just a simple list that scrolls up/down.