knowledge needed: php, css
I would like to have something like "feature posts/page sections", those which are already in news and magazine weblogs, integrated into my existing website theme front page. I know there are already existing wp plugins but i rather have it my way.
1) Within my content [div], there will be about 5 different area div.
*See layout 1 attached.(just "1 to 5", the pix is my present layout.
2) Each section/ Div will receive feature post or page from my selected category (1 or more category can be selected/ sub category included) or the categories lists. Options for me to tweak:
- number of posts displayed
- Full, excerpt, Title only: number of word or paragraph option
- Feature Posts priority: recent post/random/ my selected post
3) auto thumbnail extraction into "Feature post sections" from posts' larger pictures. (I must be able to set the thumbnail dimensions in px)
4) All these can be made into a wp plugin where i control from my wp dashboard,
5) attach a separate css file for the "feature posts sections"
*The option to on or off any of the 5 sections.
Involves wordpress multiple loops on query_post