This is a project I am deploying for two reasons:
1. To find good quality developers with whom I will be begin a long term working relationship (I have MANY similar projects lined up for the summer, and need to find high-level, *reliable*, FAST developers NOW to give them work) 2. Finish out the project quickly- as I have no time to do it myself.
PROJECT SUMMARY: Take an existing, simple 6-page (only 6 pages!!) Wordpress portfolio site and convert it into another Wordpress site (I purchased a theme that has more powerful features), and duplicate/copy over existing pages, images, data, exactly. The existing Wordpress portfolio site is VERY simple and not graphic-intensive. This project requires some (actually just 1 page: the blog section) PSD to XHTML as I will be sending you a few updated graphics and PSD for the conversion, although 97% of the final design is already finished and implemented on the existing site.
Let's take this as an initial project to see how well we work together- I will be employing you numerous times in the coming weeks.
1. You must produce world class CSS. You appreciated flawless CSS and can even do this in your sleep. You must be VERY familiar with the following names: Dan [C]ederholm, Andy [C]larke, Eric [M]eyer (css reset), Cameron [M]oll, Simon [C]ollision Dave [S]hea, Jina [B]olton, etc. You are completely fluent in both CSS3 and CSS2. I am a full-time front-end developer myself, and I will be highly critical of lazy coding.
2. Implement one image rollover sprite (PSD w/hover state will be provided)
3. To see the Wordpress theme I purchased: google “[s]triking [w]ordpress [t]hemeforest”
4. PSD to CSS: Take existing blog (it has only 1 test post) and change the CSS (I will provide the PSD).
5. Launch/upload finished project – I'll create an FTP account for you