I need you to fix and complete this small demonstration project which is written in AS3. Before you start, look at part 3 of the online tutorial cited in the next paragraph. I modified the code to build my AS3 program. But, I'm having trouble!
You can Google: "search through xml database using AS3 Part 3"
- or - click on this site:
URL:[url removed, login to view]+through+XML+database+using+AS3+Part+3&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS391US391&ie=UTF-8
This "AS3 Part 3" tutorial program:
1. loads an XML file
2. creates a datagrid to display the data and some combo-boxes to search the database
3. parses the entire XML file into an array and then creates a new array from the old one which contains only the data that the user searched for and puts it out on the data grid. (The datagrid has a built-in sort function which is very useful.)
Here's how my project is different:
1. No text input by the user. All the inputs will be handled by combo-boxes.
2. no fancy colored rows or text. Just plain black text output. No line separators either.
3. Data came from MS Access and was saved as an XML file.
What I need done:
( Please run the SWF and look at my fla first)
1. I can't get the data into the datagrid! I assume I am creating arrays but maybe not. This is the major problem. Fix it and provide an explanation of what I did wrong.
2. I need the DataGrid, the search button and the combo-boxes cleaned up. The stage dimensions should remain as they are. I can do this myself, but you might as well do it. Do not get fancy!
3. I need to be able to search on a range of numbers. You can use the age category to show me how to do this. The user will select something like "from 21-65" or from "0-10" and the program will select only those ages which fall into the selected category. Feel free to add more data if you need to test this.
4. I am not searching on IDs or Names. But those must show as part of the output.
5. Any changes you make MUST HAVE DETAILED COMMENTS. Your work will be my model for a much larger database.
This is not a difficult job. I am a non-programmer and I got this far without help. If you are familiar with AS3 or similar programming this should be very simple. Do a good job. There is more that I need done and I would like to work with the same person.