REQUIREMENTS FOR FLASH CHARTS:
1. Option on right-hand side to select line or bar (allowed/disallowed by the portion of the xml like report).
Default is defined by the value.
2. Option on right-hand side to view help (help text to be defined by xml like report in the section). The entire
chart to be slightly greyed out and a white text box in the middle to display help info. click again to go back to
3. Option on right-hand side to view UrlTrends average. UrlTrends average will always be defined in set id 0
<set id="0" ...
By default it will not be shown unless a user clicks on the average icon.
4. Options on right hand side use image icons and when mouse is placed over explained.
5. Words on left hand side written 90 degrees from horizion (vertical), text spun counter-clockwise.
6. Support an unlimited number of "sets" from within the section of the xml like report.
7. Dates in each set to be displayed at a 45 degree angle, if there are more than 6 dates start skipping date print out on
the bottom (for example, only showing ever other one) but still show fluctiations on the chart.
8. Each time there is a new date there should be a small dot on the chart for that point. The user should be able to hover
over the dot and see the following: 1. value for dot 2. date for dot 3. name of the set for that dot.
9. The charts should be no bigger than 350px wide and 250px high.
10. The flash file will be called like so "[url removed, login to view]; -- the flash
chart must be able to read the info internally and then call the [url removed, login to view] page with the variables to get the data
it needs to build its chart. You do not need to worry about the variables, just pass them on when you request the
[url removed, login to view] page.
11. It needs to have a loading report preloader. This preloader should have our logo included on it and an indicator
indicating how far along it is.
12. The flash charts filesize need to be as small as possible.
13. Both the swf and the fla are required.
14. If a value is blank in the value field of a set assume it to be dropped to the bottom of the chart (0 or the highest
value depending on if the is set at 0 or 1 (0=normal chart generation, 1=reversed -- highest number at the
bottom of the chart and lowest at the top)
15. Overall look should coordinate with the general look and feel of UrlTrends ([url removed, login to view])
16. The ability make it scale to a larger size by indicating it in the html that loads the flash file.
17. An icon in the right hand side to view a larger version of the flash chart (it would launch a html page using feature
15 to make it larger (I would design the PHP pagethat would be called))
18. Use the color for the bar/line that is defined in xml like report for that set.
19. If there is only one value in the <val section of a set and it is like that for all sets, display only a bar graph and
disable the option for a line chart (it would overide and values).
20. Bar chart should be in 3d format and look good. An example could be provided for the style I am looking for if
21. see [url removed, login to view] for an example of the page that would need to be parsed by the flash file.
22. To see what the old flash charts looked like go to: [url removed, login to view]