My company owns and operates a number of job boards, all of which are managed through a central, heavily-customized web application that consists of an administration panel (web based) and that feed off of about 6-7 databases. Management elements include user accounts, job posting, SEO modules, template management, etc.
At present, the application is functioning perfectly, but there is a "punchlist" to complete and our current developer is unavailable to work on this project going forward. We need a programmer/coder who can evaluate existing code, complete the remaining punchlist of about 10 items and then provide maintenance, as needed, for the application on an ongoing basis. Among the items on the punchlist are:
- Creation of customized RSS feeds of jobs posted to our system (multiple RSS feeds, to be customized by intended 3rd party destination/upload)
- Contact form coding
- Modification of job listings so that they do not return 404 errors after expiring but, instead, continue to exist in limited form (without contact information, crucial details, etc.)
- Automatically send new job posts to an existing WordPress blog
- Modifying/adding two fields to job listing database and editing templates to show these fields
- Modifying (slightly) the job board search functionality to take into account these new database fields
- Organization of job boards by "collection" - a new database field that can be attributed to each job board so that each will display all related job boards in our network. This also involves template modifications to display the job boards related to that particular site.
- Providing modifications to existing "crawling" mechanism, by which we download external XML/RSS feeds of job postings and insert them into our live database of posted jobs. This functionality currently exists in a limited fashion and in a non-automated basis but we would like to be provided with a template to crawl a 3rd-party feed that we can then edit and set up as a cron job for each client who feed our application will be adding.
Application specs: Dedicated server, FreeBSD/Apache/PHP/MySQL