We have an exsisting Joomla Site that with "Database Query" extention - [url removed, login to view],com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,326/Itemid,35/
- [url removed, login to view]
We want to create a Database of historic events, grouped by topics. This will involve:
the user logging in (utilizing Joomla)
1) Creating a topic - Battle of Waterloo and it's start/end dates and summary
2) Inputing individual events of that topic - specific charges, retreats, etc
3) Ability to review/edit/delete/add events
4) Publish/Export resulting data to an XML/JSON file
We invision use the "DBQ Professional' (or alternative if you have a better solution) to build several pages to seach, insert, and update information in 3 new tables that you will create.
Ideally a single page (CSS) that for a topic that will
1) enable creation and editing of the topic and it's date
2) enable in creation of a new event associated w/ that topic
3) list (in chronological order) all existing events with a link with each event that will provide editing/deletion of event
4) Publishing of data
Let's keep this simple and clean.