Meta Content Scrape and Publish
The development of a PHP / MYSQL / XML script that gathers members' website post headers, description, and meta, for redistribution to a network of members' websites – after being filtered by categories, keywords (tags), and geolocation.
Main website: Wordpress latest version. The script to make use of the Wordpress database.
A Wordpress database driven service that:
1. Gathers members' post information as they post.
2. Inserts the gathered data (headers, meta, etc), into our database.
3. Then displays the gathered information in an ordered / filtered output on the members' websites, by means of a widget - or embed code - that members place on their websites. The output widget will be similar to Wordpress's Blog Role which lists links that users add manually, except that our system will auto-populate the links.
Your Proposal and Expertise needed:
I do not have enough technical expertise in these areas to know which is the best option, or if there is a better way. Therefore please make suggestions with your bid. Possibilities include rss, trackbacks, image tracking links to trigger our server to scrape a published post, or a plugin the user installs.
1. The system must be user friendly. If possible, the process of notifying the server of new posts should take place automatically, and securely, - or as easily as possible for users publishing their posts.
2. I see possible drawbacks with RSS feeds and trackbacks, which would have to be discussed before the project is finalized. I want the members' information to be channeled within our system, so that if we do use rss or trackbacks, or similar, our system will only retrieve and display members' data and not all the other non related rss feeds or non-related trackbacks.
3. I would prefer a method that can be ‘plugged' into any user website, without having to register plugins with the system host. For example Wordpress plugins are typically registered with the Wordpress plugin repository, which could result in additional complexities which we want to avoid. The ‘Embed' code model used by YouTube and Facebook may be an example of a good solution.
The above system will be nested within the Wordpress site, which will include the following components:
1. The main website. [ Exclude from bid – developed by my team.]
2. The members' post-data-gathering system described above. [ Include in bid ]
3. The database to process the above. [ Include in bid ]
4. A plugin on the main site allow: [ Include in bid ]
a. Members to set their:
i. Location – Country, State, City, Zip.
ii. Categories and subcategories
iii. Scopes – as in various combinations of locations and categories (Max 5)
b. Members to track impressions and campaigns
c. Members to change membership levels (roles), and to pause their campaigns.
d. Provide 3 levels of memberships – Free, Premium, and Pro.
e. Members to pay by repeat monthly fee via PayPal.
f. Sidebar options to select our system's location and categories with each post.
1. The above is a brief outline of the project. The final spec – and price - will be subject to the feedback and advice received from interested bidders.
2. The estimated budget for this project is $800 to $1,000. (Phase 1).
3. If this project is launched successfully, it will be followed by three further phases and further projects in future. In other words, I am looking for a programmer / team that I can work with long term.