Create of a recruitment site similar in scope to totaljobs or monster.
XHTML 1.0 strict
Valid markup; no tag soup, tables only used for tabular data not page layout. All pages to be validated, without error, through the w3c validator
The look of the site is to be controlled using valid well formed CSS that works cross browser
Well documented clear concise and secure code
Create properly constructed table design that will scale without problem and also the ability to create complex full text searches.
If you have not got examples of sites that conform to the above criteria then there is no need to read further or indeed provide a quote.
Well you got this far so I’m presuming you know your stuff. I’ll split the project into constituent parts to aid the quoting process.
1. Register personal details
2. Edit personal details (inc. Set status: Red, Amber, Green)
3. Add CV in Rich Text format (Microsoft Word may be requirement)
4. Password reminders
5. Periodical emailed service reminders
6. Saved searches, emailed at chosen frequency
7. Account deletion
8. Opt in / out of site newsletters updates
Standard functionality offered by other services
1. Add jobs one at a time using an online form
2. Batch add jobs by uploading files (XML CSV or similar)
3. View and edit currently posted jobs
4. Alerts on or before advert expiration
5. Immediate notification of matches when posting a job
6. Saved searches
7. Advanced full text searching including Boolean and wild cards
8. Email notification when a new registrant matches a currently posted job
9. Manage registered details
10. Manage accounts, make payments, print invoices
11. Manage registered users with limited access and or posting limitations
12. View usage statistics, job viewed, job applied for etc.
1. Global stats for number of jobs, agents, seekers
2. Accounting functions, monitor payments, set credit limits
3. Create site news letter
4. Maintain site FAQ section
5. Edit seeker’s news
6. Edit agent’s news
7. Content management for career guidance centre
8. Edit rates
9. Set agents special offers
Feed of current jobs in RSS and / or XML for use by 3rd party sites
We will require complete and exclusive rights to and ownership of all code written for this project.
Once we have decide who will complete this project we will work together to produce a detailed brief so that both parties no exactly what is required. Once that is agreed upon we will set in place a project timescale and payment schedule. Payments will be escrowed by a trusted third party who will make payments as laid out in the schedule when the brief has been satisfied.