We are seeking a .Net developer / programmer / software engineer to:
1) Create a windows service (32 & 64 bit versions) that will automatically pull down FTP files from multiple sites, parse the files based on an XML document and then insert the parsed data into a MySQL Database. The windows service will be configurable to set the download frequency per FTP site.
2) Design and create a 3rd normal form or higher MySQL database to capture the parsed data.
Windows Service - We have several suppliers who provide flat files via FTP. We would like to create a windows service (32 & 64 bit versions) that will:
1) automatically pull down the flat files based on a configurable time frequency
2) parse the flat file based on a configurable XML. Each supplier has different data fields that we need to map to our internal database. So the XML doc will allow us to set map the supplier fields to the correct internal fields. Multiple supplier fields may be mapped to one field.
3) save the original flat file with the name of the supplier and the date and time (ie supplier092111010030 -> name + date + HH:MM:SS)
4) save the parsed file with the name of the supplier and the date and time (ie supplier092111010030P -> name + date + HH:MM:SS + parsed file indicator)
5) import the parsed data into a MYSQL database
6) provide an error alert if the FTP transfer from one of the suppliers fails or the import into the MYSQL database fails.
MYSQL Database - Design and create a 3rd normal form or higher MySQL database to capture the parsed data. Each supplier will have their own specific table.