Currently scoping potential providers who can help fulfill our visions and objectives for building our family focused travel site so that we can better service our partners with bookings..
We will only accept bids from web developers and designers that have history and have portfolio that they can show case, references also essential. Please only provide details if you can meet the following requirements, and you can match our vision and objectives for the site. So if you think you can match your skills with what we are looking for we are wanting to hear from you, and hopefully welcome you to become part of our team.
Rebuild and refresh our travel blog site to bring it into a new phase that enables visitors and members to be able to browse, book and research family holidays. Key objective of the site is to increase conversions and encourage bookings with our partners through the site.
We want to see a site that is practical to use and is familiar with use. The good news we have already scoped out a wireframe (vision for the site) to begin work on, we just need you skills to help it come to life.
Sites we like
[url removed, login to view] - the ease and simplicity of this site to refer potential bookers to its affilate partners. We would be looking to replicate something of like features. Like the layout for the deals section and the way that it links off to the affiliate partners.
Mr&[url removed, login to view] - General Feel of the site I like the way that you can tailor the site the "you are in"
[url removed, login to view] - Like the design and web2.0 feel, the icons are cool and fun and bring a nice casual approach to the site. The use of scribbles and casual font. like the banner for finding trips , shadow work is nice and lifts the page.
[url removed, login to view] - Like the style and colours and the sense of fun used with the graphics for the items sold and on the site.
Things I would like to see
* Good use of colour that incorporates the logo colours, light background or even white. (Refer to Mooo site)
Site that feels clean and practical (booking buddy)
* Login Area - Basic Members sign in area account - With basic profiling information on sign up. Upon login members special tab will show a special offer for members.
* Site based on wordpress CMS for ease of use for contributors
* Two XML feed types Hotels, Deals
* XML feeds for deals from partners being pulled into a deals page with outbound links to the partners page for bookings.
* XML - pull hotel information based on destinations through from [url removed, login to view] with transactions to occur on booking.com.
* Feature Hotel section Post - where writers, and selected members can provide a review about properties with a rating system. (handpicked hotels)
* Home Page - Banner on top with images slider approach with links to destinations, featured destinations/ (will use strong images) Typography fresh and clean. Can be changed easily within the CSS.
* Thumbnail resize for images onn stories Front and Blog page.
* Would also like to have a 2 or three landing page layouts that can be used to promote competitions, partners and special offers to members only.
* Transfer page to partners site - see [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] for examples
* Scalable - We would like to add other feature to the site in the future like a shop feature and booking referrals area for Holiday Home listing for families (Phase 2).
Would like to able to add a couple of fun little hand written notes into the site like seen on globetrooper.
CSS, PHP, Wordpress, Website Design, MySQL, XML
Gmail Account to share documents, emails, chat feature.
Portfolio of previous work
References of past projects.
Partner XML Integration
Pull and feed data from XML feeds from [url removed, login to view] ([url removed, login to view]) - Open to suggestions to ensure that site performance is maintained.
Flight information - [url removed, login to view] / [url removed, login to view] /
Hotel Information - [url removed, login to view]
Package Information - [url removed, login to view]