This script has been created from scratch twice and "repaired" five times. I believe it's time to start over.
You can see a total description of the script at http://article-organizer.com.
This script is for managing an "articles directory" on websites. It is php/MySQL based. It must be adaptable enough to be installed on multiple websites and include the following:
- admin area for article directory management by owner;
- articles can be posted by admin (website owner) as well as website visitors (via web page form);
-Visitors must register to post articles. They do not need to register to view/read articles, rate or comment on articles.
- Some kind of system to be in place whereby the owner can be notified of new authors/ articles posted;
- ability for admin to edit all automatic email templates that go out to members/authors and admin notifications.
-ability to approve/disapprove articles, or alternatively, pre-approve articles;
-Ability to easily add and edit articles;
-ability to "show" top ten (owner can decide how many) and newly added articles on home page of website;
-author biography capability; Article "Resource Box" included here for automatic appending to article. Is it possible to provide a choice of using this resource box or adding new while posting article?
-category list with ability to add your own categories; categories to automatically listed alphabetically in both category list (user side) and in drop-down box when posting articles.
- Sub-category function, please.
-"Easy" installation system to website server by admin/owner;
- rating system for visitors to rate articles.
- comments by visitors about an article function.
- Keyword (search engine) optimization ability desired.
- Keyword (or key-phrase) search capability.
- Introduction area to give short summary of each article (will appear on a "categories" page).
- banner management to allow "google adsense" type ads (skyscraper) on right side of each article page. Possibility to "randomize" this ad section?
- Template system, available from the admin control panel, for adjusting headers, footers and/or leftside templates to conform to the colors and style of existing websites;
- "email article to friend" capability;
- ability to send email to individual or "all" authors/members;
- "print" article capability;
- syndicate content using autogenerated RSS feeds.