You are required to rebuild an existing assessment website. The current website only focuses on maths, but will need modification to include other subjects with the possibility of adding more subjects in the future. I also intend to add lessons and games using flash in the future.
Schools will register to the website and receive username and password at the time of registration. The teacher who registers should be able to upload a class list of students using an excel spreadsheet. A unique username and password using three letters and three numbers are generated for each student and the teacher can set a test from a list of tests created from the admin section by the owner of the website.
You are required to keep the current features in admin and add features necessary to reduce limitations and improve its functionalities. For example, symbols required when creating maths tests and improve the functionality of creating test.
The functionalities in admin should include:
1. A variety of subjects to choose from such as Maths, English, Information Technology, etc. There should be various options when setting a test. Example, Keystage, non-calculator, calculator, time duration etc.
2. Marks for the question entered at the time the test is being created so that the final result can be calculated.
4. Type of question. Example, multiple choice, input answer etc. Other options such as selecting the correct answer/explanation from a flyout, descriptive answers etc.
5. Level/grade/percentage mark given at the end of the test to the student taking the test
6. A spreadsheet generated for download by the teacher at the end of the test. The spreadsheet gives an analysis of each student performance, question by question, the percentage of learners correct, etc.
It is important that questions are shown one per page with no horizontal or vertical scrolling and the option to click next to display the other questions.