I need some functionality that will be added to a larger project. I need the abiltiy to upload all image files from a specified directory on the client's Windows system's HD to a specified directory on the Linux web host server.
This can be done via an installable app on the client's PC - done in VB perhaps.
1. the "from directory" name and the "to directory" name are constants and part of the configuration data stored in the database
2. the end user should be able to click a button in this app and all image files in the default "from directory" will be uploaded to the server to directory. This server directory they are uploaded to is a "staging" directory. The files will be processed and then moved from that "staging directory" to an "images" directory. The path and name of this directory, like the others, is a constant and are stored in the database as part of the configuration data.
3. The user should be able to click a button in the app when the images are done uploading that opens their browser to a form where they can select a slideshow (data about slideshows is in the database) when they click the submit button it activates a php script that will then process the image files in the "to directory" on the server.
4. The images need be proportionally re-sized to fit maximum height, width and size limits specified in the database
5. Inserts need to be made into the database to capture the image file names and an image's association to a slideshow (the slideshow_id selected in the form is passed.)
6. The images files are moved to another specified directory on the server once they are processed.
Create database script with test data will be provided.
Please ask if you have additional questions. This should be a quick and easy project for an experienced php programmer.