We have a photoshop tutorial site that we currently update manually (via html), adding new tutorials manually and updating links. We are looking to have this more automated by having a backend constructed for our site. Our front end will remain in a similar fashion but it's the backend we want constructed.
1) Admin area to create new tutorials. You would be able to copy/paste the actual tutorial html into a form field box, and the tutorial would then display neatly within the given template layout (the current layout on the site). The tutorial would automatically be created and given an extenstion as .html and we should be able to do the following:
Input page title (for the new tutorial being created)
Input page meta description (for the new tutorial page being created)
Input (copy/paste) the html code of the actual tutorial
Category Select (choose which category the tutorial will be listed, for example, text effects, drawing, photo effects, photo retouch, photography, textures, web graphics, web layouts, basic, animation)
2) The admin area should have section where you can edit/delete/search/move tutorials
3) The admin area should have option to edit/delete/add categories
4) The current section on the left of our site that says "Sponsored Links" we would now have that section be where the categories are displayed, then below that we would re-add a section for Sponsored Links. So the Categories would be dynamically displayed there and the Sponsored links below them.
5) Sitemap page, where it would be broken down into sections. General Pages (which would be Home, Tutorials, The categories, graphics, contact) and then a section called The Tutorials (which would list all the tutorials with links). Every time a new tutorial is added to the site the sitemap should auto-update to include this new tutorial page under the sitemap page in the tutorials section (it should be sorted from newest to oldest)
6) Option in admin area where I can select which tutorial I want to feature on the homepage (right now I do this manually) see the home page to see hwo the featured tutorial is listed. I want that in the admin area I can select what tutorial I want featured and it would automatically appear neatly updating the homepage accordingly.
7) Take note there are about 160 + tutorial pages all manually created, we'll need to sort these into the new categories and have these tutorials be integrated into the new setup. (We can go through and list which tutorial goes in which category and send that to you).
8) All current pages which includes tutorial pages should have the same extension as it have now. For example the home page is [url removed, login to view] that should remain as that, and each tutorial page should remain as .index.html. You can use mod-rewrite or whatever you think is best to achieve this.
Our goal here is to make our job easier for updating our site and make the site more userfriendly (i.e categories), along with making it easier for search engine indexing (i.e sitemap with all the tutorial pages).