PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION
Provide examples of plugins you've already created for BigCommerce (preferably ones listed in the app store verifiable that you created them). Only include websites if they demonstrate plugins you've created. We prefer applicants who have created plugins currently listed on the BigCommerce App Store ([login to view URL]). Do not respond with "We'll provide information when we talk". Please provide actual links to apps you have created that are listed on the app store.
We're looking for an EXPERIENCED BigCommerce PLUGIN developer to create a plugin and widgets to search products within BigCommerce based on the year, the make, the model and the trim of a vehicle with category refinement.
1) We will send the year/make/model/trim data from our platform ([login to view URL]) to BigCommerce - you will define the data fields for each product that we need to put the data in and in what format. See the image attached for preferred format. We don't know if BigCommerce can store this amount of data in a single field or if it's best practices. We're looking for expert suggestions.
2) The plugin will be listed for install in the BigCommerce App Store. It needs to pass all BigCommerce appstore requirements ([login to view URL]).
3) These are examples of other plugins SIMILAR to what we are looking to create (we don't need the ability to import/export data via CSV). [login to view URL] and [login to view URL]
4) Here is a video of what the front end should look similar to: [login to view URL]
A basic process:
1) On the BC site the visitor will select the year. When this is selected, you can then select a vehicle make/brand. Then a vehicle model. Some versions also have the trim (for example, a 2018 Ford F150 LT where 2018 is the year, Ford is the make/brand, F150 is the model, LT is the trim). The trim will not always be included.
2) The list of years, makes, models and trims available should be dynamically based upon the items in the BigCommerce account. Alternatively, but not preferable, the plugin will iterate through all of the items in the BigCommerce account and save a list of year/make/model/trim to display. Alternatively, but not preferably, the back end user interface of the plugin will let you upload a CSV file containing the year/make/model/trim selections you want to display.
3) Each product in the account will have one OR MORE year/make/model/trim (optional) that the item fits on. For example, one oil filter may fit 8 different years of Fords and Chevrolets and a bunch of different models and trims. Our platform will send this data to BigCommerce at the product level in a format similar to the image I've included (but this format could be changed by you depending on how BigCommerce needs to store it - we're looking for best practices because it will be a lot of data for each product).
3) Once a user has selected a year/make/model/trim, a widget will display this on every page and let the visitor change it (see video).
4) When a search is made for a part, or a category is selected, ONLY THE PARTS THAT FIT THE YEAR/MAKE/MODEL/TRIM *AND* PARTS THAT DO NOT HAVE ANY YEAR/MAKE/MODEL/TRIM ASSIGNED should be displayed. No other parts should be displayed. If a 2018 Ford F150 LT is selected, only parts for this vehicle will be displayed.
5) A widget on the actual item page should display "This fits your year make model trim vehicle" (i.e. This fits your 2015 Ford F-150 LT) or "This product does not have data for fit. Please check with the manufacturer."
6) The user should be able to install the plugin from the BigCommerce app store and easily add the widgets and searches mentioned above to their BigCommerce site without having to hire someone to customize the site for them. This needs to be easy.