GMDY is a mobile application that lets athletes create and share a 360 degree view of their brand, letting the athlete monetize and quantify their brand value by giving fans real time access to purchase items they see their favorite teams and athletes using.
GMDY has relationships with ecommerce retailers that allows for all product data to be imported into the GMDY database. GMDY also has sports data (Team, Roster, Game Schedules - Events). As a process, the Chrome Browser Extension is responsible for linking products from retailers sites that are stored in the GMDY database to athletes, teams and events.
● PHP Chrome Plugin
● AWS Elastic Beanstalk
● Postgres db
1. Today’s plugin support features retailers Fanatics and Footlocker. When trying to query the GMDY database from [login to view URL] product page, there is a lost connection or an inability for the GMDY extension to crawl the site to locate a variable to query the GMDY database.
2. When accessing the Footlocker site and a product ID contains an alpha-numeric value, it appears that the query contains an an exact match requirement vs an “ilike” statement as the value on the site has a product # value like “A67834” and the value in the database is “a67834”
● Additional retailer site support for:
○ [login to view URL]
○ [login to view URL]
● Analyst Login page credentials
● Additional text when the extension does not return any results:
○ “If a product is not found, please enter the product data into this google doc and it will get imported ASAP.
● Text link for documentation
● Excellent english language skills.
● Available for daily status updates via email, phone/skype, and slack (the team is located
in the Pacific Time Zone)
● Experience with Chrome Extensions connected to postgres dbs
● Willingness to share recommendations and best practices
Interested parties should submit a bid which must include:
● Cost (Fixed price or hourly rate)
● Estimate (How long you think this will take
● Contact info (Ex: Email, Phone)
● Availability (When can you start? Full/Part-time?)
● References (Ex: website, resume/CV, previous customers, etc...)
● Github username
Upon acceptance of your bid, GMDY will:
● Coordinate and schedule a time for a project kickoff call (phone/skype)
● Setup a daily (Mon-Fri) status call (phone/skype)
Once stability issues are resolved, we expect to continue application development. The completion of this project could lead (with mutual interest) to future work on the GMDY platform.