We have a hotel rooms reservation and car rental cooking website that was built during the past few months and was recently completed.
The website is a pretty simple wodpress site, which retrieves XML data from a large hotel booking company and uses the worldpay gateway (through woocommerce) to bill clients.
While he completed the coding work and brought the website to production level, the coder had to bail out of the project for personal reasons, leaving the website with an irritating error he hadn't had time to deal with.
The website was operating properly until the coder tried to begin the final stage of the website optimization.
Once this stage took place, and specifically, a cache plugin was installed, errors began to appear.
** The attached file is a text file that includes the lines of error that currently appears in the website's header at all times.
While trying to understand the problem through communication with the website coder, he mentioned a few things that might help you understand the problem:
1. The problem appears after he installed and enabled cache on the website
2. He says there isn't a need for a change in the code itself because the problem is that it seems the website can't detect a core function (add_action)
3. Running a line by line debug should help reveal the source of the problem
4. Due to the fact that it's practically impossible for the website to detect core functions (as mentioned above), the website might be loading an HTML cache of some sort. He believes that we should eliminate any static files such as these, should they exist.
5. The coder had to reinstall the website 4 (!) times because every time he did so, and enabled the cache, the website got screwed up again.
6. Although he disabled and deleted the cache plugin, the problem remains, so he thinks there maybe an additional layer of cache he missed.
7. When he ran the website on his own local server, the website was running without any errors, even after enabling the cache (super cache) plugin, so he suspects it might be a server related problem.
8. The MySQL DB of the website is around 180MB which is relatively big for a simple website, but that is because the coder added a Log table in it.
Now, these are all the coder's remarks. He might be right and he might be wrong. I though I would add these to give the winning freelancer a few directions of possible resolution of the problem.
The hosting server is a shared one. We have several shared hosting plans in multiple companies. Should you come to a conclusion that the problem is server related and that we should move to another server, we would gladly give you the new server's credentials so you can migrate the website to the new server.
The coder, while unable to help us out with this, had stated several times that once we find a freelancer to fix this problem, he would gladly answer any questions the freelancer might have regarding the site architecture or anything that might help us out.
To summarize our requirements, we need you to:
1. Fix this problem on our website
2. Make sure it is functional again, including the XML retrievals and worldpay payment gateway
3. If needed, migrate our website to a new server
4. Once everything is working smoothly, we need you to be available for questions and small fixes (if any) for a month from the project completion date
A very easy project for someone who knows what he's doing, and should take more than a couple of days.
* We will hire only an experienced Wordpress specialist with solid PHP knowledge.
* 2 Milestones. The first when problem is solved, and second after a period of beta testing (2 days at most).
* No upfront payment before the job begins.
To avoid auto bid postings/bots, please include the word HOTEL in your application for this project.
Have a question? Please ask beforehand.
We need a trustworthy and professional coder to replace our previous one. Do a good job and we'll definitely use your services again.
Hello from Greece, HOTEL We have gone through the error txt file and we have some ideas on where this problem is hiding. We will need ftp access to the site and access to the MySQL DB. Relevant Skills and Expe Daha Fazla
Bu iş için 57 freelancer ortalamada $223 teklif veriyor
HOTEL- Sir you are more than experience than me, do you think if I have mentioned your secret phrase that means I read your requirement? Whatever, this is your believe and I don't want to change it.I am here to work wi Daha Fazla
Hello, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss your project. I am a professional PHP developer with an experience of more than 8+ years in creating and customising PHP based websites, themes and plugins/m Daha Fazla
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks Relevant Skills and Experience MySQL, PHP Daha Fazla
Hello. Wordpress development expert ready to help you with fixes Relevant Skills and Experience More 7 years of WP full stack development Proposed Milestones $66 USD - milestone
**LIFE TIME FREE SUPPORT AND 10% OFFER DEAL ON FUTURE PROJECTS** For our 10th Anniversary Celebration Swell Technologies-Since 2006 in freelancer.com http://www.freelancer.com/u/swelltechnologie.html Module des Daha Fazla
Dear Employer, I am ready to work on your required task and can assure 100% satisfaction. Looking forward to an opportunity to work with you. Warm Regards, Muhammad Alyas Relevant Skills and Experience You can read Daha Fazla
HOTEL Hi, I have checked your attached file. And I am very much confident to do this job as I have more than 5+ years of strong experience in PHP, Wordpress, Wordpress theme & plugin development. Relevant Skills and Daha Fazla
Dear Client , We gone through project description We are Really intrested to do work with you , We are Web & Software development company having more than 8 year experience in Software development we totally commit Daha Fazla
HOTEL , HOTEL , HOTEL , HOTEL , HOTEL , HOTEL , HOTEL , Hi , I am Ambika . I have very reasonable rate .I do WORDPRESS , WOOCOMMERCE , PHP ,MySQL , APIs programming more than 5 years and within this period I had Daha Fazla
Hey Friend, Myself having has 10 + years experience of web site development. Expert in Custom programming in php / Mysql / Jquery / Wordpress/ Joomla / OSC / Magento /OpenCart / Android / Mobile development / Res Daha Fazla
Hi There, Ready To Start now. I have 5+ years experience in PHP as well as Wordpress, OpenCart, codeigniter , OsCommerce….and also in responsive CSS3, bootstrap, html5 . etc You can check our work http://hkmarket. Daha Fazla
Hi Greeting of the day!! Thank's for providing us an opportunity to bid on your project. We have 350+ projects completed by our 22 + employees so we are very excited to participate in this project. We special Daha Fazla
a Relevant Skills and Experience a Proposed Milestones $100 USD - a
"HOTEL" Hello, We are web development company based in India. We understood the issue. And I am very much sure that we can solve it. We are working on wp for past 13 years. Relevant Skills and Experience We are eno Daha Fazla
Hi, I'm Wordpress Developer with over 6 years experience. I have developed a lot websites by using Wordpress. For the project, I estimate to cost is USD170 Relevant Skills and Experience My Experience on Wordpress htt Daha Fazla
HOTEL I have clearly understood your problem. Yes,I can fix the Wordpress/PHP problem.I have also checked the attached file error problem. Relevant Skills and Experience I am PHP developer good experience with the wo Daha Fazla