Description: This is a rough project detail for a custom Geneology component for Fennecfoxes.com. The site is an exotic pet site catering to fennec fox owners and breeders. We need a way to track the family trees for these critters to help breeders avoid inbreeding blunders.
Scope: We'll be needing a basic admin control panel on the back-end, a family tree mode, and a profile mode for listings. The component should have a community-builder tab associated with it for easy navigation. Some graphics are already done (and attached to this listing), I can provide more if needed.
Aliases (previous names assigned by breeders or other owners)
Owner's username (link to their cb profile)
Location (city, state, country)
Mother (link to this fox's profile)
Father (link to this fox's profile)
Siblings (calculated from other entries, only display siblings and littermates from same parents)
Date of Birth (offers a selection of possible birthdates from mother and father info OR input their own) mm/dd/yyyy
Date of Death (undefined means alive)
Age (calculated from DOB and DOD)
-Date of birth
-name of babies
[allow to add more]
Number of successful matings (calculates total number of birthdays)
Optional User defined fields:
custom1 Health History: (optional)
custom2 Notes: (optional)
- " Track this fox" <-- email alert if profile is updated
- Family Tree Mode (switches to family tree mode)
DEFAULT View family tree:
- shows a thumbnail of the fox with Name, sex, and mate icon (indicating whether they have children) under the image. Also indicates whether the animal is deceased.
- family ties are displayed in a partially graphical family tree format.
- all blood related siblings are listed as hyperlinks (even if the thumbnails/tiles don't fit)
- Clicking on a tile will bring up that fox's family tree
- Clicking on a hyperlink will open a detailed profile
- Clicking on the highlighted fox will open their detailed profile
- Geneological Profile Mode (switches to detailed mode)
- Email alert checkbox string: "Track this Fox"
- Email notification Text: "There has been a change to a geneological profile you've elected to track. Please follow this link to view the profile: [url]"
- Email address which notifications are sent from
- Define 5 user defined fields. [text, textarea, checkbox, selection, multiple selection]
- Permissions for displaying user defined fields.
- Max tiles per row (affects how many siblings and children could be shown across in tree mode, can go to new row)
- Max tiles per column (affects how many rows of mates and children could be shown down in tree mode)
- Number of profiles a registered member can make: default 1
- Number of profiles a paying member can make: default unlimited
- by name or alias
- by owner's real name
- by owner's username
- by DOB
- by city, state, country
Name, age, sex, location