If possible the developer of this work would also become the maintenance support for the website as a whole.
I use wordpress for my website. Relevant plugins are Events Manager, other plugins are used such as tablepress, paid membership pro.
Football players book onto specific games based on a date and location, these would exist in a background table.
The form should work as follows:
1. A match organiser choose's the relevant match (event) which lives within the wordpress site. This would be a drop down on the form.
2. This would trigger automatically retrieval of the player list for that game
3. For each player the organiser would then select :
Drop Down Goals Scored Assists New Players Goals Against
Player 1 W/L/D 0-10 0-10 0-10 0-20
4. Click submit to send all match night data
5. Data submits to a new data table with some custom calculations against the entries
6. Table is then used in the front end of the website. Example is enclosed.