I'm a stenographer and I'm looking for a tool to practice.
I transcribes audio using a steno keyboard. Unlike a QWERTY keyboard, with a steno keyboard you can type more characters in one stroke. You don't type character by character, but syllable by syllable.
On the web there are a lot of Typing Tutor application, but they are all designed for a QWERTY keyboard and miss some features I need, not only because I use a steno machine, but also because I'm blind.
1. Web based application for Typing Tutor. Similar to this:
[url removed, login to view]
2. The application interface should have five parts:
- A text box where appears the full text I have to type. While I'm typing, each correct characters should be highlighted and the text should scroll automatically.
- A Text Edit Field where I insert the text I type.
- A dropdown menu to choose an Audio file to listen. Two dropdown menus: the first I choose the category of audio, on the second the specific audio to listen for that category.
- An audio control buttons (Play/Pause - Stop - Backward - Forward)
- Some statistics infromations.
3. When I don't type the correct characters, the application should block me. It shouldn't allow me to go ahead until I press the correct keys on the keyboard. It always should allow me to go back (delete written characters). In case I delete characters, the highlighted characters into the Text Box should be updated too and the highlight should go back, following me when I delete.
4. When uncorrect keys are pressed an audio signal should inform me.
5. Audio control button should be toggled also via keyboard shortcuts. For example "Play/Pause = CTRL + SHIFT + P". This because I can simulate QWERTY keyboard keys on my Steno keyboard,
6. Abllity to increase or decrease Font Size both for original Text Box and the Text Edit Field.
7. Ability to modify Audio control keyboard shortcuts.
8. When I load an audio file from the dropdown menu, automatically the Text Box is updated with the corresponding text
9. Statistics run exactly when I press the Play button for the audio, and they stops when I press the Stop button or the audio ends.
10. Ability to set Backward and Forward steps for audio playback: 3, 5 or 10 seconds.
11. Statistic Form should contein these informations:
- Timer: how long is the whole session. Run since I press Play for the first time until I press Stop or the audio ends.
- Errors: a counter that increases by one each time I press wrong keys.
- Audio Time: how much, in MM:SS (minutes and seconds), of audio transcripted.
- Avarage WPM: Word per Minute speed.
- Characters Count: how many characters (spaces included) has been written.
12. Application can't be in flash. The interface should be accessible by a screen reader.
Informations about input method:
- A steno keyboard works thanks to an application which translate each stroke into words.
- I can type in any kind of edit field: Microsoft Word, Notebook, Skype, Google Search, etc. Wherever there is an edit field, I can type.
- If I want to type the word "telephone" with QWERTY keyboard, I do it one character by one character: "t-e-l-e-p-h-o-n-e", 8 strokes.
If I want to type the same word with a steno keyboard I press multiple keys together in this way: "te-le-phone". 3 strokes, and what I see on the screen is appearing "te", then "tele" and then "telephone".
- Space is added automatically. The space is always added at the beginning of the word. When I type "telephone" on the steno keyboard, the final output I see on the screen is " telephone".
- About delete characters: the steno application provides a special key which is used to delete characters. It doesn't delete character by character, but stroke by stroke. If for example I type "te-le-phone" (3 strokes), then I press the delete button, the last stroke is deleted so on the screen I read " tele". If I press delete again on the screen I read " te".
Bu iş için 17 freelancer ortalamada €622 teklif veriyor
Hello, my name is Michael. I represent Ukrainian based IT-company Webbook Inc that provides services in the IT-sphere for international business. We were carefully reviewing the requirements of the job description, so Daha Fazla
Dear sir I have carefully gone through your job description and so I am very interested in your project. "Correct implementation for requirements + Fast Speed + Top Quality + Time". This is my working style. A Daha Fazla
Hello Sir, We read your description We have lot of experience in this filed We can do that also If you want We are available for start work right now I am waiting your response Thank you so much.
Note: I have already developed many software's and very much proficient in developing a tool for practice of typing according to all your specifications. Hi Dear, I am glad to offer you my services, I have more Daha Fazla
I am from china as a specialist, good in Desktop, Mobile and Website building and 5 years development experience. And I am experienced in Desktop and Web development with Microsoft technologies using C#, WPF , UWP, Daha Fazla
Dear Employer, I am professional SEO friendly web designer & developer. Please come in private chat to discuss more in detail about your project and I am ready to start your project right now. I have 5+ years of ex Daha Fazla
I have a team and the experience ranges to all PHP Technologies like Cake,CI,Laravel,Zend,Symfony etc. My team has 7 years of experience into PHP. Can very well execute this Project
Hello Thanks for opportunity to bid. I would like to submit my candidacy as already developed a lot of website. I have 5 years experience in Development I Daha Fazla
We work in IT service sector. If you have any requirement for Web development, Mobile Application development, Digital Marketing,