Here are some high level business requirements with regards to the use of open source Trident tool. The product link for this tool is : [login to view URL]
Traditionally, we knew a little about using PGP and keys. The use of PGP would typically allow one-to-one secure communications and whereby both parties would need to generate a key pair set , and start exchanging their public keys. Their private key would resides on their own computer for the purpose of decryption. Now, using myself as an example, if suppose I need to send out an email to a distribution list that consist of 2 or more recipients, then my personal key store would need to contain all recipients’ public keys. If I were to miss any of the recipients’ keys, then myself and the other party may not have the opportunity to read or respond to each party’s email. For small group that is less than 5, this may be manageable. However ,if the distribution list were large enough to contain hundreds of people, this comes as a challenge.
Our current email Distribution List (DL) does consist of both internal and external email accounts. We have come up with a short list of possible scenarios :
• User A send an email (with and without attachment) to a DL ( multiple recipients)
• User B ( from the above DL) send a reply back to User A
• User B ( from the above DL) send a reply back to DL ( multiple recipients)
• User C (common email address such as helpdesk@[login to view URL]) to send an email (with and without attachment) to a DL ( multiple recipients)
• All users may send a reply back to User C (common email address such as helpdesk@[login to view URL])
We were advised that Trident is one such product that is capable to support the above requirements. Therefore, we need your help to evaluate whether you have expertise in your company that is able to develop, code and support this product. All the source code and executables are located in the above link.