Enhance an ABAP program that perform and automatic Import of a list of transport request.
The idea is to change the way the list of transport is provided and how the return code is compared to reference system. Attached a screnshot of the existing program and more detail about the enhancement.
Description of existing program :
The existing program does it with a list of transport that are imported in the target system (Prod) in a defined sequence after a check is done in a reference system (Quality).
After each import, the return code is compared to the reference system, if lower or equal, it continues, if greater then it stop and do not process futher.
Overall existing process is :
1. user enters a list of Transport Request
2. select the import option (overwrite original, ignore unconfirmed order, ignore different version, etc.. (all options that we have by default when performing an import with STMS)
3. Select the target system (For example : Production)
4. Select a reference system (For example : Quality)
5. Start the import in background or dialog.
6. the Import is done sequencially, one after the other
7 after each import, it compares the return code with the return code of the import in the "Reference system". If the return code is lower or equal, then it continues with the next Transport of the list. If not, it stops.
4. Program output a log with Timestamp, transport order, status. For example :
201703051722 : Start processing of 2 transports
201703051723 : DBWK123456 : Start of Import
201703051726 : DBWK123456 : End of import : Return code 4 (Reference system : Return code 8)
201703051729 : DBWK123457 : Start of Import
201703051731 : DBWK123457 : End of import : Return code 4 (Reference system : Return code 4)
201703051735 : End processing 2 transports : Successful
I will provide the source code once project is assigned.