Create a menu that will allow you 5 selections
for items and one to exit.
Inside the menu you need to read user input to
decide which of the 5 selections
- After a menu item is executed, the screen
should be repainted with the menu until the user
specifies that they want to finish.
- You need to somehow handle incorrect user
input, but only exit if they choose your exit option
For this part, you only need to print a message
for each of the 5 selections.
1. Selection 1
2. Selection 2
3. Selection 3
4. Selection 4
5. Selection 5
Enter Your Selection ( x to Exit) ==>
Menu Item Functionality
- You need to bring the system down for maintenance and call the users to let
them know. This selection finds out who is logged in, pulls the first name
and the telephone number out of the addressfile and displays it to the
- The user stu23 has gone home for the day and left his processes running.
You want to find those processes and stop them. You want to use this
option in the future so it will prompt for the user name, find and stop all
processes started by that user (include an “are you sure” message).
- It is discovered that two users have the same user id in the address file.
This option checks the addressfile for that situation and, if it exists, prompts
you for a new userid which it will fix in the file with.
- Your Boss has asked for a list of all users, but does not care about the
userid. This option will pull out all users and sort them by last name but the
output should be : Firstname Lastname Address Town Telephone number
- The users are storing way too many files in their home directory and you
would like to notify the top 5 offenders. You might want to run this script
again for more or less users so this selection will prompt for the number of
users to identify, check how many files they have in thei
Bu iş için 7 freelancer ortalamada $150 teklif veriyor
Hi Mr, it looks like a really nice project for a bash scripting task. I have been working with bash mixed with others languages to do administrative task and alike; Im sure I can help you with the task. Kind regards.
Hello sir, I am an expert in bash/shell scripting and very familiar with Linux/Unix commands. I can do this project as required. Please contact me for more details. Thank you