Produce a literature review of your selected topic area from which you should demonstrate you have derived your initial research question(s) or hypothesis.
Produce a Research Proposal which details the exact nature of your Individual Masters Project. The proposal should be related to Project management as below:
• Identify the focus of the study – ie the topic area
• Identify initial research question(s) or hypothesis to be tested
• Justify the selection of study area and initial questions/hypothesis
• Identify, and justify the selection of, the methodology and methods
• Include a time schedule showing tasks and their outcomes
1. LITERATURE REVIEW – 2,500 WORDS 50%
2. Research Proposal – 2,000 words 40%
3. Interim Viva – 5 mins – 22nd April 2013 from [url removed, login to view] 10%
The following criteria will be used to assess the assignment:
Range of appropriate sources used and correctly referenced
Critical evaluation of the literature
Selection and critical evaluation of methodology and methods
Formulation of appropriate research question/hypothesis clearly derived from literature
Clear structure and presentation
At the end of the unit the student is expected to be able to:
1. Identify appropriate sources of information and evaluate them critically in terms of reliability and relevance to a particular topic.
2. Distil, summarise and critically analyse research findings from a variety of sources, identifying areas of concord and conflict, resolving different perspectives to form a rounded view of a topic.
3. Formulate and present proposals for projects underpinned by relevant research literature.
4. Demonstrate critical understanding of methodology, research planning, and experiment design and analysis techniques.
5. Demonstrate effective dissemination of research findings to professional and academic standards.