I am looking to source an entry level practical retail course. We will want the material to include manuals of retail procedures for both teachers and students, and also assessments. Ideally, the course will be able to be applied to a qualifications framework.
The course will be 12 weeks in total. It will be taught in a classroom for 15 hours a week for 11 weeks and then include a week of work experience.
Topics we need material for are:
- Retailing in New Zealand and around the world
- Succeeeding in retail
- Keeping the workplace clean and organised
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Operating point of sale equipment
- Cash handling
- Completing a sales transaction
- Opening and closing procedures
- Stock control porcedures: ordering products, dealing with incoming goods, rotating stock and stocktaking
- Keeping petty cash records
- Balancing the cash register
These topics should take about 120 hours in the classroom to work through. Also, the material is being taught to people for whom English is not their first language.