I run an online service where we distribute articles written by our users to various places online.
All articles are editorially reviewed, based on our guidelines, prior to distribution, and are then consequently approved or declined. If declined, one or more reasons are selected from a list, and if appropriate, additional comments added to provide further assistance to the writer of the article as to what the issue(s) are.
I am looking for a new editor to join my editorial team and wondered whether you'd be interested?
This is what I am looking for:
- Must have English (including American English) as a FIRST language - if you are not a native English speaker, please do not apply
- Able to spot readability issues in text
- Have a keen eye for detail, but be able to scan through articles relatively quickly to spot problems and issues for which articles would need to be declined
- Able to follow and work within our working procedures
- Someone who is very reliable, and able to work the days that have been agreed, unless advance notice is given (it's essential articles are reviewed and dealt with appropriately within a specific time frame)
- Able to work and communicate well within the team
- Some familiarity with free reprint articles and/or article marketing would be an advantage
This is a potentially long-term assignment for the right person with regular work every week (roughly up to an hour or so a day, sometimes more, with work available any day of the week including weekends, depending on your regular availability), and the time at which you work on any particular day would be completely up to you, so it offers a lot of flexibility and can easily fit in with or around other assignments you may have. You'd also be able to do the work from anywhere that has an Internet connection.
There may also be the possibility of other work such as writing work in the future.
If you'd be interested, please let me know which days you are available to sensibly commit to over the long-term, and how much you would charge per hour. Please do not apply if your rate is more than $15/hour.
27 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 343$ teklif veriyor
I do not have native English background but have studied since the age of 8 in an English medium school to do a Masters in English [url removed, login to view] mother tongue is not English but that is the language I use in my day to Daha fazlası
I am a native English speaker with 6 years experience as an editor and writer for a broad range of high-profile websites and offline publications.