I have a team of 20 writers from U.S., U.K. and Philipines, and two editors. I am looking to add one more editor to my team.
The editor needs to be U.S. native with preferably a degree in English or Journalism. The chosen candidate will need to edit (not just proofread) 20-30 articles per day. The articles are related to automobile, travel, photography and DIY subjects.
Each article is about 500-550 words.
You will need to perform the following tasks:
1) Check Grammar: Check spellings, sentence construction and punctuation.
2) Flow of Thoughts: Check for logical and smooth flow of thoughts. You may need to rewrite 2-4 sentences to make the article read more logical.
3) Originality: You need to have your own copyscape premium account to check the originality of each article, although we also ask writers to check it before submission. You will need to rewrite 2-3 sentences if found under copyscape(50 words).
4) Word count: Ensure that each article is at least 500 words
5) Formatting: I will provide you with a guide for formatting (nothing Hi-fi).
While applying please write 5-6 sentences differentiating between editing and proofreading (it will help me judge your writing capabilities).
Also, please proofread the attached article as sample (keep the track open so that I can check the changes).
My budget is 50 cents per article and pay every week on Monday. I can also pay via paypal after the initial payment of
$30 on [url removed, login to view]
Please include "Editing is my passion" when applying. This is to ensure that you read the project details.
There is one thing I forgot to mention. The editor will need to be avaialble on either Yahoo Messenger or Google Talk and should be able to submit the articles within 12 hours.
Attached is the sample to be checked.