[Note: If you know of a programming language other than Ruby or Python in which this could be more easily done, please feel free to propose it.]
I'd like a Ruby or Python program or a Gimp script (either script-fu or Python-fu) that does the following:
1. Reads in an image file. (Only .jpg needs to be supported. In the case of a Gimp script, it can just run on the currently loaded image.)
2. Creates a second blank image the same size.
3. Go to the first pixel of image1. (The inputted image.)
4. Apply the Gimp "fuzzy select" (or Photoshop "magic wand") function at that point to image1, with a threshold I can specify. (If it's a Gimp script, let me know how I might do that. In the worst case, I'm willing to just edit a constant in the script. If it's a Ruby or Python program, it should be settable as a command line parameter.)
5. Feather the selection. (Gimp: Select | Feather) Also allow the feathering parameter to be specifiable.
6. Sharpen the selection. (Gimp: Select | Sharpen)
7. Compute the average color of the selected region. (If this is not possible -- especially in the case of a Gimp script -- you can alternately just pick a random color from the selected region.)
8. Fill the selected region in image2 (not image1, but the newly created, initially blank, image 2) with that color.
9. Go to the next pixel in image2 that hasn't been colored yet.
10. Go to step #4.
11. When there are no more uncolored pixels in image2, write it to a new .jpg file.
Your proposal should include the following:
- Your understanding of what this program is meant to do.
- The programming language or environment you plan to use to implement it, including any libraries your code will depend on.
- A list of the aspects of this job that you know for sure how to do, and the aspects you're not sure about and will have to look into. And aspects that you know will be impossible. (I might be willing to settle for a partial solution.)
- Your estimate of how many hours this job will take you.
Your deliverables will be: your source code and everything else I'll need to not only run your program, but make modifications to it myself in the future.
Your solution should be runnable on Windows, OSX, or Kubuntu 14.04. Bonus points for solutions that can be run on more than one of these platforms.
15 freelancers are bidding on average $24/hour for this job
Hi I am high skilled Python developer. I worked on several scientific and web projects. I will use PIL library to manipulate images. Let us discuss in detail Thank you
We are team of Developers having rich experience with Ruby on Rails & Ruby. We have done extensive research on Heroku/AWS. The Technical team consists of Programmers having experience more than 6 years.