Do you have a passion for telling stories with data? We are looking for a Part-time Data Scientist (20h per week) who is eager to transform raw data into newsworthy insights and graphs. If you’ve ever wanted to experiment with new ways to analyse and visualize obscure and exciting company or third-party data, we have a place for you.
Note: This is a technical position, not a journalistic one.
Our core skill is making data interesting. How do you find a great idea in a dense data set? What’s the best way to present it? How do you create a story where the data is the main character? You might be asked to analyse data to illustrate extreme-weather events; or the popularity of a song over time, based on Spotify API data; or SEO data.
To grow, we need help meeting the demand. Maybe you are interested?
**Your day-to-day responsibilities**
- Collect, clean, wrangle and model raw data into newsworthy insights
- Create data visualizations based on your analysis and research
- Communicate findings into data reports
- Assist writers and editors with data analysis
- Adhere to the visual-style guide of respective clients
- Research and learn new R packages/Python libraries as needed
**Why you will love it**
- You’ll work closely with the founder and influence the future direction
- You’ll be working on interesting research questions and datasets on a daily basis
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want
- You´ll work for reputable clients and known brands
- We let you work from wherever you want
- Competitive pay and potential to turn into a full-time position.
- Our value: Life > Work
**You will be successful in this position if you**
- Have a burning desire to transform raw data into interesting and newsworthy insights and graphs
- Have strong skills in either R or Python
- Have strong skills in data visualization libraries and packages (e.g. ggplot2)
- Have experience collecting, cleaning and wrangling data
- Ability to visualize complex ideas in a clear, accurate, and intelligent manner
- Have Experience with extracting data from APIs
- Demonstrable knowledge in writing SQL queries
- Are keen to keep in touch with the latest advances in your area
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Have good English skills.
- Nice to have: Experience with BI tools like Tableau or PowerBI
- Nice to have: Experience with web scraping
**Sounds like you? Then send us the following:**
- Write a short cover letter that sells me on why I should hire you for this position over anyone else.
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, Scripts, PDFs, Slideshare)
- Let us know what’s the coolest dataset you’ve ever discovered
- The position will be starting beginning or mid-November.
- We prepare a formal contract for you to sign once you accept the offer.
We love a good story about data, and we look forward to creating some with you.
Please put "I read this" at the top of your application.
Bu iş için 53 freelancer ortalamada €27/saat teklif veriyor
I read this Hi. I’m a senior full-stack developer and I can do your project successfully. My talent and trustworthy will make your project meet success. I hope to contact soon. Thank you. Alex T