a) Problem statement that consists of
Objective and Impact
In no more than two sentences, state what task you are planning to accomplish and why that task matters.
In no more than two sentences, state in what way your approach is different from something that you can purchase directly off-the-shelf.
In no more than two sentences, explain your key idea for solving the problem. Why would someone use your solution rather than an existing solution?
b) (2 points) 2 peer-reviewed publications that relate to what you are planning to do ([login to view URL])
c) Estimate of work
Explain how you think that you can get a proof-of-concept implementation done within the approximately 30h (including write-up) you should expect to spend on the project. Try to be realistic in your assessment!
Guidleines for proposal
Here again the list of suggestions from the syllabus:
1. Retrieve data from two different websites, loading them into the PostgreSQL database using Python, and combine them to get and present new information (data modeling, advanced querying, and applications)
2. Create an application that displays geospatial information in Google maps (applications, storage, and GIS)
3. Create a php page that displays graphical summaries of an appropriately modeled database (data modeling, applications, data warehouses)
4. Display data using data cubes (advanced querying, applications, and data warehouses)
5. Write a Python or php application to retrieve documents matching a query term in a document repository (advanced querying, applications, information retrieval)
6. Demonstrate a violation of ACID properties of transactions in a NoSQL database (concurrency control, transaction processing, distributed databases)
7. Demonstrate a security concern and solution (querying, applications or storage depending on concern, security)
8. Creating an application that uses a NoSQL backend, and discuss how the modeling differs from using a relational system (ER modeling, applications, distributed databases)
9. Create a tool for checking potential violations of normalization expectations for an existing database (SQL, applications, functional dependencies)
10. Solve any problem that covers three broad topics of the class
Bu iş için 2 freelancer ortalamada ₹131/saat teklif veriyor
Hello. I am intersted in your task. I have experience with PostgreSQL and python programming. Message me if you are interested. Regards