We are looking for help with a large interactive installation being developed in Kolkata, opening 1st October 2019. Specifically, we are looking for folks with experience in Max/MSP, OSC protocol, DMX protocol and Nodejs/Python interfaced with microcontrollers (over USB Serial).
Prototyping work is happening in Delhi in July and August. On-site installation for the full month of Septemebr in Kolkata. We prefer if you are based in either Delhi or Kolkata, but exceptions can be made. You will join a larger team of engineers and artists who are working on the project.
High-level tech brief:
There would be a variety of sensors (8x8 thermal camera, TOF distance sensor, piezo sensors, load cells, camera, etc.) which would be used to get information of the environment and how people interact. Additionally, there would be a variety of actuators (relays, motors, servos, steppers, etc.) for creating various types of sound. There would also be a soundcard connected to speakers for generated audio and DMX based lighting, which reacts to interactions.
What would be required of you:
* Interface with multiple microcontrollers which would be streaming data via a custom serial binary protocol (Similar to ZigBee protocol) using Nodejs/Python
* Parse raw data and route pertinent information via OSC to Max/MSP
* Max/MSP syncs relevant data from all Nodejs/Python instances, keeps core logic and use sequencers and other mechanisms to trigger actuators
* Max/MSP would also be used to control the DMX fixtures
* Max/MSP would send OSC commands to Nodejs/Python instances which would eventually send serial commands back to microcontrollers for actuation
* UI needs to be made in Max/MSP for setting sensor thresholds, composing sequences, etc.
* Max/MSP with OSC and DMX interface experience and UI creation
* Nodejs/Python with OSC and Serial interface experience
* Comfortable working with experimental interfaces and adapt based on outcomes
* Computer vision experience would be a bonus