We need 3D CAD models and animations for TWO different radiation shielding concepts for a Mars spacecraft. We will provide the shielding concepts to you.
We need the 3D CAD models of the stowed and deployed configurations of the shielding concepts, as well as high fidelity animations of how the shield is deployed. The CAD models will be implemented in our 3D radiation transport simulations to understand the total radiation reduction to astronauts from these configurations. The animations will support engineering design and feasibility studies.
At the end of the project we expect to receive the following 4 files:
- 2 CAD files: one for each concept
- Within the CAD files, we expect 2 configurations: 1 stowed and 1 deployed.
- 2 animations: one for each concept
All CAD models must follow these requirements:
- Format: .prt (SolidWorks or ProE) or .step/.stp (Step file)
- Correct material types must be associated with each object in the CAD file
- If there are any hollow objects, they must be modeled as a hollow object with the appropriate thickness. Do not just define the envelope of an object.
All animations must follow these requirements:
- The animation shall at a minimum:
1. Start with the shield in the stowed configuration docked to the Mars transit vehicle
2. Show how the shield is robotically deployed – include enough fidelity in the animation to understand any mechanisms that are used as part of the deployment
3. Show how the shield is attached to the Mars transit vehicle, given the standoff constraints
4. End with the shield in the fully deployed configuration
-The animation files should be in one of the following formats: .avi or .mov
IMPORTANT: See the attached files for the shield concepts
lease note that NASA employees/contractors are not eligible for competing in this contest task.
If you are interested in staying informed about other NASA challenges and tasks you can sign up for updates about NASA crowdsourcing at [url removed, login to view] or check out the NASA Solve Website at [url removed, login to view]