A start-up in eCommerce that I have been working on involving the liquidation of large corporations' old, dead stock needs to be researched. There are many questions that need answering, and lots of generic research to be done.
1. What international businesses, and specific Australian businesses are involved in bulk lot and wholesale transactions? (1500 words)
- What goods do these businesses trade in? (100 words)
- How are the purchased goods transported to the location of the consumer? What postal methods are implemented? (300 words)
- What margins do these businesses work with? (100 words)
2. How much revenue is lost on dead-stock on average, annually? Please attach a list of the corporations used in this research. (300 words + graphs)
3. What specific industries (Clothing and textiles, hardware etc) stock-pile old stock and would be a target for the start-up in question? (1500 words)
4. To what extent does the hype of a current-year product inflate the price of an item without any increase in the quality of the good being detected? (300 words + graphs)
I understand that the above questions hinge on quite specific research and data, but I also understand that this data is not readily available and the specifics of my enquiries may not be able to be fulfilled with such ease. All I request is that there is sufficient research to aptly answer the above questions, and that each statement is backed up with supporting material. Other than presenting data in tables, please use graphs to demonstrate trends. Please present the information under cohesive sub-titles and make your research concise.
Please only consider the last 25 years in your research.
I would also like a section on businesses involved in the on-sale of dead stock. Please list these businesses, label the products they deal in, the markets they move in, the sources of their products and the success they have had since opening. (1200 words)