Corporate Finance Project
You will be responsible for writing an analysis of a publicly traded company using the concepts and tools that are the foundation of this course in corporate finance.
Please focus the major effort of your report on answering what questions might be asked by someone who is considering buying the company (merger or acquisition) or an investor who may be just interested in buying shares of the stock. You will be submitting the annual report and other research with your own analysis so you should not repeat many of the major ratios or other data points unless you are discussing the implications of that information to the conclusion that you are reaching. I will be grading you for thoroughness in evaluating why you believe that a company will prosper or not. Your work should consistently use terminology and concepts taken from the homework or reading in the assigned chapters of the textbook.
A poorly written paper will be characterized by these features:
• Data repeated without commentary
• Definitions of financial terms and ratios
• Company history unless it is related to the conclusion that you are making
• Detailed description of the product or service and your personal experience, good or bad
• Long quotes (whether attributed or not) directly from the annual report or other analysts
An excellent report that receives an outstanding grade will include the following:
• An evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses
• Description of the risks that may interfere with company earnings estimates
• Some description of the competition and the threat they may pose to market share
• Analysis of company growth trends and why they have occurred
• Many references to financial terms from the textbook
• Your conclusion on the current valuation of the stock price (over valued/under valued?)
• Recent headlines or press releases since the annual report was written if relevant
This report should be a minimum of 6 pages, not including the title page. The first page after the title page should be an executive summary which will state your approach to examining this stock, questions you intend to answer and your conclusion. Tables and charts that you use to illustrate your analysis should not be considered part of the six page requirement.
Your company is Caterpillar
[login to view URL]
Bu iş için 17 freelancer ortalamada $139 teklif veriyor
hello sir/ma;am i can write an analysis of a publicly traded company using the concepts and tools that are the foundation of this course in corporate finance. regards Sam
I am CFA and FRM qualified with five years of experience as an equity research analyst. Therefore, I can aptly analyse the company as company analysis is central to my professional work. For more details, kindly contac Daha Fazla