HEALTHCARE STATISTICS AND RESEARCH
732.3.1: Health Informatics and Research Design - The graduate applies a specific research methodology to solve an organizational problem or add to the body of knowledge in health information management.
732.3.2: Biomedical and Research Support - The graduate supports ethical biomedical research in a healthcare organization by applying federal guidelines and adhering to organizational standards that protect human subjects.
Task 1: Clinical Trials
Health informatics professionals may work closely with clinical trial professionals because of their expertise in managing health information. Their role on the clinical trials team will vary depending on the type of research being performed within the healthcare organization. They may help to develop research study protocol and consent forms, or they may serve more as an educational resource to medical providers and patients. They can serve as a consultant at all levels of clinical research because they are subject matter experts in data and information handling and in patient confidentiality and privacy matters.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Describe the four phases (Phase I, II, III, and IV) of a clinical trial for a healthcare environment.
1. Create a diagram showing the four phases of a clinical trial.
2. Discuss how each of the four ethical principles in research should be followed in clinical trials.
3. Explain how a clinical trials team uses clinical trials databases for information on trials.
4. Describe how each of the 14 areas of the informed consent procedure applies to the clinical trial process.
5. Explain the importance of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules in clinical trials.
6. Create a chart that shows three differences between exempt research and expedited research of Institutional Review Board submissions.
B. Develop a survey packet to gather appropriate responses on the clinic’s interest in participating in clinical trials by doing the following:
1. Develop a cover letter (suggested length of 1–2 pages) to accompany the survey that includes the following:
• purpose of survey
• study’s importance
• participant’s importance
• time to complete
• time frame(s)
• contact information
• survey instructions
2. Create a survey with eight total questions, including the following:
• three true/false questions
• three multiple-choice questions
• two open-ended questions (e.g., essay, fill-in-the-blank, short answer, scale)
3. Describe the statistical methods you would use to evaluate the survey results.
4. Explain the potential benefits of conducting interviews with your survey.
a. Justify whether conducting interviews would be appropriate for your survey from part B2.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
Bu iş için 17 freelancer ortalamada $47 teklif veriyor
Greetings... I am highly a qualified person with lots of professional expertise. I have served countless clients with complete level of satisfaction. I want you to hire me and check my level of expertise. I ensure you Daha Fazla
Hello... I am new here but I am working in the writing industry since 2010. I know all writing techniques, try me once I will deliver supreme quality paper.
Hey there, I am interesting in doing this research for you. I can handle the research plus the survey as stated. I think this is a school project
Hello Sir/Madam... My name is FATIMA and writing is my passion “When I say work, I only mean writing. Everything else is just an odd job”. From my early age, I enjoyed reading novels and stories, as I was growing up i Daha Fazla
I have read your project and I am an expert in this field. I can do this for you within due time and honestly. I also have a few questions to discuss. Kindly contact me and we will discuss time and budget. Thanks
I am a pharma graduate and have experience in medical writing. I have worked for top pharma companies now looking for starting something of my own and this is a good opportunity.
Hello am capable of doing the job. I will be very happy if you can give this job. Have a nice day Relevant Skills and Experience Writing, research, etc