I'm looking to have a site built with similar functionality to: [url removed, login to view] The goal is to pull data from Twitter via a Ruby on Rails app and stored in a MySQL DB for a select list of Twitter users. The project should use the Twitter API and OAuth for any data and authentication needs.
What I need done:
- Create a RoR app that allows me to hit a page with a CRON job to pull data from Twitter.
- A user table will store the basic profile information and serve as the basis for the list of users to pull statistics from.
- Basic profile information includes:
* list memberships count (number of lists the user is on)
- When the CRON job page is hit, it should cycle through the user table and update the information from Twitter. Additionally, a separate table should add entries each time the task is run which includes:
* current date/time
* list memberships count
- Finally, a final table should archive all the tweets of the each user in the user table. This should only pull the updated tweets and append them to the table. The following fields should be added to the table:
- Errors in the data pulls (rate caps, user removed their profile, etc, should not crash the app, rather send an email to the admin).
- Display: The app should display a list of users similar to [url removed, login to view] in no particular order. The user's "screen_name" in the display table should link to an individual page which displays the 20 latest tweets in the DB.
Please ask any questions you have prior to submitting your quote. We are looking to work with someone on this project and potential expansions moving forward. We will do our best to respond to all questions promptly and clarify the project on the posting as needed.
Please also note how long you estimate for completion of the project after award.
I want to clarify my intent on the final table as there have been some questions. Please update your price/delivery if appropriate - if you're not making a change, please note that on the PMB so I can confirm you understand the requirements.
For the final table archiving a user's tweets: the first time this is run for a user it should pull all their previous tweets. future runs should only pull the updated tweets since the last tweet in the DB.
So, for example:
User is entered into the DB on Wednesday. Once the cron-job runs, it'll pull all their previous tweets from when they joined Twitter until that day. Then, on Thursday when the cron-job runs, it'll pull all the tweets since the Wednesday run until now.
Sorry for any confusion.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $225 for this job
Hi - I'm a local developer in California. I've already finished your project as a fun experiment on my own. I can give it to you right away and show you the working application today, so you know it is working.