IndieRemote is a 2-person team building online marketing tools that are easy to use, powerful, and enable small companies to grow their business.
Our current product combines direct mail marketing with the latest technology. We are also building other useful tools in parallel to enable us to be valuable to any company looking to grow.
IndieRemote is something we're building on the weekends while pursuing our full time careers. Our plan is to transition to working on our products full time once we've hit a revenue milestone. Until then, we're looking to expand our team to help accelerate the launch of our first product.
This is a unique opportunity to get paid to learn and grow with us.
The ideal candidate is someone with a passion for software engineering, developing intuitive online web applications, and is looking to learn and grow into a full time role.
- Our stack is Redis, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL on the backend and HTML5, CSS3, React on the front end. Experience in these technologies or related is not required, but is a plus.
- You are positive and have a solution-oriented mindset.
- You are a problem solver and enjoy writing robust code.
- You have attention to detail with strong communication skills.
- Knowledgable about building APIs that are RESTful.
- Basic familiarity with Git.
- You should be pursuing a Computer Science or related degree, or have a suite of personal projects under your belt.
- You'll have a call each week with our technical partner to check in on progress, mentorship, and getting unblocked.
- A MacBook or Linux machine already setup.
- 6 hours per week.
- You'll meet for 45 minutes with each of us.
- You will be given a small take at home assignment which is expected to take no more than 2 hours to build.