Fixing up a Centos 6.2 System...Virtual Servers, LTSP Server & various other softwares.
I have a Centos 6.2 system. It needs some installs & configurations as given below. I dont have the time to do them myself & some I don't have the skills therefore will require too much study & trial & errror. IAC, I'm trying to outsource all admin jobs anyway.
I7 with about 4 GB RAM and arout 2 TB hdd space, no LVM, old fashioned mounting. It has two Ethernet ports, one onboard. IPs 192.168.200.3 managed by NetworkManager, the default route and provides Internet access through the another router 192.168.200.1.1. Adsl router is 192.168.1.1 always on, no firewall and has a DMZ IP of 192.168.200.1 Second Ethernet Port is not NetworkManager managed and has the IP of 172.16.1.1 and is to be connected to LTSP network, as its server. Presently the LTSP Network is an old Pentium PIII machine with 128 mb RAM, no hdd & a CD drive containing PXE Etherboot image and connected to the server using a cross cable.
1. Configure VNC Server and use it for Admin wherever required.
2. Networking is not working properly. Target is to have a separate network of virtual machine, another seperate netwok (by seperate network I mean different IP address range, different broadcast address) and all geting Internet access through the host. Also, all directly routable to each other. I don't want to use NAT, but directly routable networks, maybe even using static routes, if required. In such case a rpm to be built that would install the required scripts in new ltsp/virtual servers. An email list discussion thread in the context.... [url removed, login to view]
3. The KVM Virtual machines are not communicating with the host machine. Trouble shoot that.
4. LTSP Machine is not booting up. However, it is getting access to the linux kernel files in the server & seems to boot the kernel but stops in middle and exits to emergency shell. Fix that.
5. Fix DHCP Server. LTSP install has its own built-in DHCP server for that port.
6. Fix all services giving error in [url removed, login to view]
7. Remove Sendmail & install qmail QMQP server in the host and the custom rpm to have scripts to install qmqp clients in all virtual/ltsp servers.
8. Install three minimal centos virtual servers, one without qmqp client and install qmail on it, with virtual mailboxes & qmailsync, to sync with my vps & virtual hosting account (two different syncs...this has to be discussed further) on the net. On the second virtual server install tinydns with slave tinydns on two of my vps. To be done through building a custom rpm, so it can be reinstalled on need. On the third virtual server install a repo with centos 6 repo plus a custom repo which is to have the rpms customized specifically for our servers.
9. Secure install with bastille linux.
10. Install & configure openvpn server & a client with my vps (install openvpn server on the vps as well) and build a connection control web be discussed furtherpage allowing all ports or specific ports through the vpn....feature to discussed further.
11. Install snort with complete associated programs. The system to manage intrusions into the virtual machines as well, which however are to be fully firewalled except for ports required for their specific function.
12. Enable logging to Syslog or install a virtual Syslog server, or discuss whatever would be best for centralized logging monitoring of all machines on the lan, host, virtual machines & ltsp.
13. Configure SElinux contexts, so that there are no warnings...SElinux is running in permissive mode.
Regular Sysadmin work on this machine, my two vps (presently) after this project.
10% Expert Guarantee will be required on this project which I will post later.