Toronto based online video and digital signage software developer is looking for a Linux Guru to do the following:
- Create Linux Distribution Live CD with our Digital Signage Media Player applications on it
- Create Linux Install CD with our Digital Signage Media Player applications on it
- RPM package of our Digital Signage Media Player applications
You will be required to also develop a browser based configuration interface for the media player application.
- Degree in Computer Science/Solid experience with Linux
- Experience creating a Linux Live CD
- Experience creating a custom Linux distribution CD
- Experience with Fedora Core Linux
- Linux Shell Scripting
- Linux Guru
The goal of the project will be to create a Linux boot disk that will either act as a live demo CD or an install CD. The disks are to do the following:
- Above the boot prompt the company logo is to be shown.
- By default boot into a XORG 1024x768 screen display with user accessible options of 640x480, 800x600, and 1280x1024 XORG displays.
- During the boot process the company logo is shown, while all boot messages are suppressed.
- Set-up and configure the network card using an outside DHCP server.
- The CD is to have about 70 MB of demo/test files During the boot process ask the user:
- Install to Disk or Run Live CD ?
- If "Install to Disk":
- Ask for user account, password, machine name
- connects with our server, authenticates account & password, and registers new machine to their account
- If "Run Live CD" the live CD boot and runs and registers itself as "Live CD Demo"
- If there is a failure during connecting to the server, the user is informed, then the demo/test
files are played with out application
- If the user chooses to install to the hard disk the system is to:
- Warn the user about data loss and confirm their wish to continue (yes/no)?
- Partition the hard disk with ext3 file system as follows:
- / root partition 3 GB
- Swap partition 1 GB
- /home/adclient/media partition all available remaining space.
- Install the companies applications and media files
- Configure the system so that on re-boot it automatically connects to our server and operate completely hands free (only if authentication is successful- if not ask for user name/password & machine name)
- There are no desktop applications, Window managers, games and most services are removed.
- we currently have a writable disk image of our application and an older customized version of fedora running supporting a very specific hardware configuration
The install is not unattended, for now, user input maybe needed to:
- Get Username, password and machine ID (Our application would authenticate this info and then installation continues)
- Configure Video
- Configure Sound
- Configure LAN
After installation, the system reboots. There should be no need for user interaction with the installed Digital Signage Media Player. It communicates with our server and gets it schedule from there. All changes are made via our server's web.
Authentication is taken care off by our application. You will have to update a configuration file with user name, password & machine ID
Bu iş için 13 freelancer ortalamada $1338 teklif veriyor
I've been working with RedHat/Fedora/CentOS for last 10 months. I've Created Live/Install Customized CDs of CentOS, but CentOS and Fedora are no different so I'm sure there wont be any problem for creating live CD and Daha Fazla
Dear Sir , We have all necessary skills in this area. We use most advanced technologies and offer qualified technical assistance. Quality and satisfaction are guaranteed. If there are any questions, we have support Daha Fazla
Hi, Could've sworn I'd bid on this project last time round - anyway, I'd like to be considered again. I am a Linux systems administrator with 8+ years' professional experience (mainly RedHat/Fedora/SLES/CentOS). I h Daha Fazla
We have a good team of experts on Linux. Our description is as follows: VirtualWire partners with manufacturers / technology developers and provides R&D services for product development, chip design and system desig Daha Fazla
Hello I`m UNIX administrator and UNIX developer with 10 years experience designing, implementing and administering UNIX systems in a range of different environments. I have all necessary skills in this areas.
Hi, we are a team of system administrator professionals with a lot of experience in creating Linux Live CD applications. Please see pmb for more details. Regards, Marina, NixSolutions, Ltd.
Hey I can help as I m working as system admin on linux platform.
Hi, I'm a system administrator from germany. As I have just a similar project ongoing I could help you very fast by modifing my framework to your needs. If so just let me know. My framework: 1. Automatically create Daha Fazla
Hello, I have degree in software engineering, and have created a Linux live cd which can be provided as evidence of skills if you wish (web application security livecd) I currently run a business that specializes in th Daha Fazla
Technosoft Service is a highly professional software development company. Relying on our expertise and experience, we support our clients every step of the way in the web development,re-engineering, optimisation, and i Daha Fazla