I cancelled the last project I invited you to bid on because I have done more thinking about how I want the link indexer script to work, and I have a clearer (simpler) plan. This project describes in better detail what I would like to do next...
There are three basic changes I would like to make to the script:
1) I would like to remove the crawl tracking feature.
I think that the crawl tracking feature leaves a footprint which Google can too easily identify. I want to remove this so that links will be posted as plain links (no redirect). Then the indexing checker will work the same way, checking first X days after the link is 'posted' and then Y more times to see if it has been indexed.
Basically we are just removing the crawl tracking redirect and "crawled" status. Everything else remains the same.
2) I would like to make it possible for users to select a "Random email" option for each project.
For example when I set up a new project I can choose from three options:
- Save with no email, meaning the project won't be emailed through any account.
- Save with one email, meaning the links will always be mailed through the same email account each time.
- Save with 'Random email', meaning the links will be mailed though any of the available email accounts selected randomly.
3) Add ability for user to add links to a project via RSS feeds.
This feature allows the user to define one or more RSS feeds for a given project. Users will add the feeds on the Links page for the project and the system will have a cron which runs every couple of hours and grabs new links from any defined feeds.
The script will take any new item URLs and titles and add them to the users project along with any other links the user has uploaded. Links added via RSS will be treated just like any other links in the system.
I have attached a mockup of how I see this interface looking.
I think those are all fairly straight forward, but please let me know if you have any questions.
I'm quite keen to get this implemented soon so I'm hopeful you will be available in the near future. If not please let me know.