I want to run a test to see if there is an correlation between W3C compliance and search engine rankings.
Here's how I want to do it:
* I'll give you a list of 500 competitive keyword phrases
* You'll use the Google custom search API to find the top 20 results for each query. [url removed, login to view] (I'll provide API key for paid account which allows >100 queries a day)
* You'll run those 10K pages through the W3C validator and record the number of errors and warnings for each page [url removed, login to view]
* You'll provide me with three spreadsheets. Each one will have the 500 keywords in rows and the rankings 1-20 in columns, one sheet for the URL of the ranking page, one with the number of errors that page threw, and another with the number of warnings.
With this I'll be able to average the number of errors and warnings for each rank and see if there is a correlation.
Does that make sense?
Any questions please hit the PMB.
- 100% of payment via SL escrow