Thank you for your interest in this project. I have included the original details below and here is the link to the current site:
[url removed, login to view]
I have also attached the front page and secondary page approved designs.
In addition I forgot to include their requirement to change their current non-archiving methods on their existing website to managed archives. The archives will need to be time driven. Some areas will post one years worth of material on the initial page with everything else archived, some will post two years. It would be nice to have the posting times on the initial page be manageable/changeable by the website maintenance person. It would also be nice if items would automatically move from the initial page to the archive after they pass the time stamp for that archive (ie one year).
Here was the info from my inroductory posting:
I have a customer who has a CMS website that they don't like. It has many limitations and they want it redesigned and rebuilt. I have the redesigns done and approved for the front page and secondary page. I will also supply the architecture of the website, but am also open to suggestions if something in the design or architecture needs to be tweaked or changed. The woman who will be maintaining the website is fairly competant at updating the site but is definitely not technical so the interface has to be SUPER user friendly. Things they want built in that they don't currently have are:
1. adding a new category or sub-category and having it populate the toolbar
2. she has something that she wants to put under what's new. She wants to say more than she has room for so she wants to link that to another page where she can say more and have a link to a document that references what she is talking about
i.e. a design that provides a tease and then if the item is of interest, the reader can click to read more. This has been built into the approved designs of both the front and secondary pages.
3. the company just had an event and they would have liked to post the pictures but they can't do that either
4. A What's New area that displays the top 5 news items in a roll-over fashion. The area is built into the design, the roll-over action would need to be built.
5. On a ‘Join the organization' website page, they want to put up their questionnaire and fee schedule.
6. SEO image tags, meta tags, and keywords need to be built into the design so they can keep their website search engine relevant. Those keywords and metatags will be supplied.
7. Within the Members & Affiliates area, they need a Members Only area. This area will be accessible with a personalized login for each member. This will allow management of logins based upon membership status. We can then direct each member to an area of shared information in the Members Only area or they can be directed to a private area that is specific to that Member. We also need a group/committee login.
8. Enhance the search function on the website and remove the google ads that currently appear on your search page
fyi...I have two additional website rebuilds of the same type coming up within the next four weeks so if you would be interested in bidding on those as well, please include that in your note as well.
I would stay away from Joomla. Not that it is horrible or anything, it is more that each module that you need to achieve the functionality, costs money, so you never know how high your budget will go. Additionally, the Daha Fazla