I'm looking to produce a new site to showcase t-shirt designs. The site itself doesn't require commerce functionality as all purchases are made via [url removed, login to view] here [url removed, login to view] All designs will need to link to through to this site, so please remember this.
The aim of the site is to benefit from SEO (so avoid Flash), Social networking and help PPC. So, this functionality which Drupal offers is important. The main social links required through the site are Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. From an SEO perspective all the standard requirements are in there, unique text placement, a blog, page-naming strategy, CSS defining header titles etc are all in there (and al part of Drupal too).
- The site should have a top navigation to allow the designs to be split into seasons or categories.
- Each category should have an overview page showing designs next to each other See - [url removed, login to view] also see the highlighted product area here [url removed, login to view]
- Each individual design page should have thumbnails and a larger picture which allows some sort of zoom funtion. There should be an area for related items, a product description, comments etc. [url removed, login to view] is a good example
Elsewhere in the site there should be:
- A Blog
- Comments - so users should be able to sign up and leave messages. Just name and email information is required plus a marketing disclaimer link so i can email potential customers
- User registration should include Captcha to avoid spam and bots
- Google Analytics
In the footer there should be (all in the footer of the Spreadshirt site):
- About us
- Terms and Conditions
- Legal Information
- Privacy Protection
- Copyright confirmation
The final key point is that as the range will grow over time, setting up new categories and design pages should be simple and a user guide is required.
If successful, the site will incorporate e-commerce functionality in the future, so there is potential for an ongoing relationship in the future.
I'd like to see some other work you've done in Drupal, so please send me some links.