Before you bid:
READ THIS THOROUGHLY. IF YOU BID WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THIS OR WITHOUT EXPERIENCE, YOUR BID WILL BE DELETED AND I WILL BAN YOU FROM FUTURE PROJECTS.
YOU MUST PROVIDE EXAMPLES OF REAL, WORKING APPLICATIONS YOU HAVE BUILT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
DO NOT SKYPE ME OR HIT ME UP ON GOOGLE TO ASK ME TO PICK YOU. I WILL DELETE AND BLOCK YOU IF YOU DO THAT.
Similar to the NCAA March Madness bracket, instead of teams this bracket will have people against other people. In their position on the bracket they can have a picture or a short video. People will be able to vote up to 10 times per day (for one person or multiple people). When admin closes the round, the winner of each "match" moves to the next round.
1. They will have a sign up and login area. The will be a small fee for them to sign up. In their user area they will upload a picture or provide a link to a short YouTube video. They will also put in some personal info (name, age, location, email, phone)
2. They will go into admin review. Once approved by admin, they will be added to the bracket. I will provide an image shortly to show how the bracket will look as well as the order in which people should be placed.
3. From the admin area, we will be able to start the competition. Once the competition is started, new people cannot be added to the bracket, however people can still sign up and be put on standby for the next competition.
4. When the competition starts, people will be able to go to the competition page on our website and view the pictures and videos, then vote for their favorites. They can vote up to 10 times per day, so there will have to be IP recognition built in. Votes will be live, so people can see who is winning each round.
5. Admin will have the ability to close out a round and move the winners to the next round, which we plan to do every week. Basically we will allow signups for a few weeks, then the first round is 1 week. Let's say we have 64 people sign up for a competition. Since this is a person vs. person competition, in round 2 there will be 32 people, then 16 in round 3, 8 in round 4, 4 people in round 5 and then round 6 is the final round with the last 2 people. Admin will determine how long a round is based on the amount of people. Closing a round will be a manual process by admin only through the application's back end.
Other things admin can do:
- change a users information
- suspend a participant if foul play is suspected
- place people in different spots on the bracket
- email all signups based on groups (all signups, current participants only, etc)
There will be more detail as well as images to come soon, however this is the core functionality.