Drain Repair Estimate Builder.
We are looking at a standalone program that will enable a drainage contractor to build an estimate quickly from information already supplied in a schedule of rates. The program will also be able to migrate into an existing program.
As we see it at the moment one way of doing this would be to have a schedule of rates on a spreadsheet. It would be useful if different rates could be added to additional sheets, enabling different schedules of rates.
Whatever is used for holding the template schedule of rates would need to be populated by the user, either by form or by direct entry into fields. The estimate lines would be subdivided into categories and the pricing would be by unit and allow for the users price and the customers price.
When creating the estimate there will need to be a certain amount of required customer data fields, i.e., site address, name, contact details, ref numbers etc., and these would form the top section of the estimate. A logo can also be added.
After entering the customer data the user would then be able to select from drop down lists to populate the main body of the estimate. There would be a number of drop down lists according to category. The categories should include the following:
Repair - Excavation or Lining or Pipe rerounding/bursting
So the general flow would be, (from a tidy UI):
• The user enters the required customer details using a form. This information is saved to a SQL database and would form the title information for the estimate (or the user can pick existing data saved to the database).
• They will then have 5 main categories to use; Site Preparation, Repair, Reinstatement, Additional Items and Comments. Each will have a table below that is populated by the user’s selections.
• Clicking Site Preparation will display the Site Preparation Items from the Schedule Of Rates (SOR). They then click on the appropriate items and that information will show in the table below. Items will be added in order and the user will have the ability to move items up and down, delete.
• They will then move to Repair. Repairs should be broken down into subcategories on the SOR and using check boxes, cascading drop down lists or similar. The first selection would be Asset Type, which would be Pipe, Manhole, Soakaway. The following selections would be: Diameter- (selecting from 100, 150, 225, 300 will show all the items in the SOR relating to these diameters). Next would be Repair Type (options would be Excavation, Lining or Pipe Bursting/rerounding), selecting one of these will reduce the list to those items corresponding to the Asset Type, Diameter and Repair Type selected.
• The final sub-category would be Depth. This would be (max) depths in increments of 500mm. So the selections would be - 1000mm, 1250mm, 1500mm, 1750mm, 2000mm, 2250mm, 2500mm, 2750mm and 3000mm.
• So then we should have a list that has been reduced by query to Asset Type, Diameter, Repair type and Depth. The user selects the appropriate item and adds that to the table list, again being able to move items up or down or removing them.
• Then we move onto reinstatement, which will be a smaller list and doesn’t require querying.
• Then Additional Items and Comments.
Once the user is happy with their selections they save the information to a SQL database (this should be searchable).Then they can preview the information in a number of formats; PDF, Word, a single page HTML file. It would be useful to have an export to XML function with a reciprocating import XML function. In effect all the data can be parsed to different file formats. It would also be useful if there were at least 3 different estimate templates per file format (not including the XML).
26 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 2105£ teklif veriyor
Greetings from OTS SOLUTIONS LLC.__We will make the automatic billing system with SQL database and the general workflow you have stated___and also the other features will be added__ My queries are : [url removed, login to view] you have any t Daha fazlası
Dear Sir, I am very interested your project please reference a example that I done here: [url removed, login to view] Look forward to working with you!! Best Regards Duc